Company: Third Bridge
Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: London (City) Near Liverpool Street station
Job area: Technology& Engineering
Openings x 2: Permanent
Salary: Competitive plus package
Dated posted: 4th July 2019
Closing date: 2nd August 2019
Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights drive intelligent investment decisions.
To make the right investment decisions, our clients require access to the most relevant experts and their insights – we enable this through private consultations and exclusive content drawn from expert interviews.
Our clients consist of some of the largest private equity funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are serviced by a team of over 900 employees located across eight global offices.
Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market with double digit annual growth and has consistently received accolades for Great Places to Work and the top 100 fastest growing companies.
Technology Function Overview
Our Tech function is scaling rapidly. We have invested heavily in our infrastructure and technology capability, enabling us to deliver innovative solutions and deep insight market intelligence to our clients. Through harnessing the latest tools and technology, we allow the business to work faster, more intelligently and we are uncovering more and more business opportunities as as result. We are also continuing to build a word class product team which will help take Third Bridge to the next level, and beyond. All this whilst we move from data centres to being fully hosted in AWS.
We aim to hire talented, creative and versatile people that help us grow and make our technology better and faster. We promote language and framework agnostic approach, best practices in architecture and design, devops culture, autonomous and empowered teams, in a collaborative environment.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- As a Devops Engineer, you’ll be an essential part of the team that will help teams deliver value to the Business in the fastest possible way while meeting quality standards and guaranteeing the security and reliability of all the systems involved.
- Degree in Computer science or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies
- AWS Solutions Architect certification, or ability to demonstrate this level of knowledge
- Solid experience supporting software delivery processes
- Proven ability to select the correct tools for building a CI/CD pipeline
- Solid experience with IaC eg we use Docker and Terraform
- Experience working with serverless technologies
- Can drawn on past examples when you have demonstrated an attitude of collaboration and shared ownership of responsibilities with Software Engineers
- Experienced in making software enhancements that improve team software and processes
- You are able to train new team-mates on how your team’s software is constructed, how it operates, how secure it is, and how it fits into the bigger picture.
- You have lead the design, implementation, and delivery of successful large-scale, critical and/or highly complex software or software effort involving significant work.
- You influence your team’s technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approach.
- You have taken the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous problems, architecture deficiencies, or areas where your team’s software bottlenecks the innovation of other teams
- You are able to communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for your team and customer. You harmonise discordant views and lead the resolution of contentious issues (build consensus).
- You can demonstrate technical influence over 1-2 teams, either via a collaborative software effort or by increasing their productivity and effectiveness by driving software engineering best practice
Why work for us?
- Flexible working
- Private Medical Insurance - up to family cover
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising after 2 years of service
- Free breakfast
- Free yoga - twice weekly
- Weekly drinks gathering and monthly socials
- Cycle to work scheme (showers and bike store in office)
- Free Sanctus sessions (we care about your mental and physical well being)
- Personal annual learning and development budget
We know that to be truly innovative, we need to have a diverse team around us. That is why Third Bridge is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are not 100% sure if you are right for the role, please apply anyway and we will be happy to consider your application.