Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights drive intelligent investment decisions.
To make the right investment decisions, our clients require access to the most relevant experts and their insights – we enable this through private consultations and exclusive content drawn from expert interviews.
Our clients consist of some of the largest private equity funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are serviced by a team of nearly 900 employees in 3 key territories distributed across eight global offices.
Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market with double-digit annual growth and has consistently received accolades for Great Places to Work and the top 100 fastest growing companies.
Commercial Strategy & Operations is a new global organization at Third Bridge dedicated to enhancing our sales effectiveness through best practice adoption, operational excellence and team enablement. As a key partner to the leader of the function, you will help to not only build the organization and its capabilities from the ground up but also enable a world-class sales and account management organization that fuels the rapid growth and global scale of Third Bridge. This will be done through a host of group-wide initiatives as well as ongoing management of sales policies, processes, technology enablement, analytics, commercial team enablement and cross-functional partnership.
In this global, and highly visible, role the ideal candidate will combine thought leadership, commercial pragmatism, and analytical rigor with enthusiasm for building a new organization and comfort with rapid change and ambiguity.
Reporting to the Global Head of Commercial Strategy and Operations, this role will be based in New York and will be responsible for influencing and directly managing major global and local change initiatives as well as continuous improvement projects and business workflows covering People, Operations and Go-to-Market, including but not limited to:
- All commercial data in terms of accuracy, consistency, reporting, analytics, governance and intelligence
- Optimized sales processes, go-to-market approaches, related policies, and procedures
- Sales effectiveness tools and technology, including Salesforce.com
- Commission program administration, tool development and communications
- Sales and Account Management territory configuration
- Commercial performance point-in-time and trendline analyses
- Thought Leadership and Enablement
The ideal candidate must already be seen as an influencer, collaborator and a driver of change. They need to have a proven track record of being a key contributor to building and leading a high performing sales operations function in a high-growth B2B company with services and/or research-based, subscription products. He/she will be a hands-on leader who moves easily from strategic/conceptual to tactical/operational issues and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 5-7+ years’ experience in sales operations in a B2B environment with a minimum of 3+ years of running key initiatives
- Proven track-record of directly enabling the success of a high performing sales operations function
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to structure and interpret data to drive decision-making
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate and formally present across all levels of organization, customer base, and outside parties
- Demonstrated ability to independently root cause issues, develop solutions and reduce complexity
- Strong business acumen and ability to think and operate cross-functionally
- “Hands-on" work style with a do-what-it-takes attitude; not afraid to roll up sleeves
- Adaptable to a fast-paced, changing environment. Comfortable with ambiguity
- High sense of urgency and personal accountability
The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the country they are applying.
We know that to be truly innovative, we need to have a diverse team around us. That is why Third Bridge is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are not 100% sure if you are right for the role, please apply anyway and we will be happy to consider your application.