Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights drive intelligent investment decisions.
To make the right investment decisions, our clients require access to the most relevant experts and their insights – we enable this through private consultations and exclusive content drawn from expert interviews.
Our clients consist of some of the largest private equity funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are serviced by a team of over 900 employees located across eight global offices.
Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market with double digit annual growth and has consistently received accolades for Great Places to Work and the top 100 fastest growing companies.
Technology Function Overview
Our Tech function is scaling. We have invested heavily in our infrastructure and technology capability, enabling us to deliver innovative solutions and deep insight market intelligence to our clients. Through harnessing the latest tools and technology, we allow the business to work faster, more intelligently and we are uncovering more and more business opportunities as as result. We are also continuing to build a world class product team which will help take Third Bridge to the next level, and beyond.
We aim to hire talented, creative and versatile people that help us grow and make our technology better and faster. We promote language and framework agnostic approach, best practices in architecture and design, devops culture, autonomous and empowered teams, in a collaborative environment.
We are looking to recruit a Front End Engineer for our team who will work closely with our Tech Leads and Software Engineering Managers. You will contribute to the design, development and integration of components seeking direction when needed.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Design, implementation, and deployment of software components that solve complex problems generating positive feedback
- Understanding of and best use of design patterns
- Ability to work independently and with your team to deliver software successfully
- Consistent high quality of work that the team trusts, including but not limited to: secure; testable; maintainable; low-defects; efficient; and incorporates best practices
- Rapid and uneventful code reviews
- Providing useful code reviews for changes submitted by others
- Focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions, taking on projects that improve your team’s software, making it better and easier to maintain
- Making suggestions on improvements to your team’s development and testing processes
- Maintaining strong working relationships with teammates and peers including recognising discordant views and taking part in constructive dialogue to reconcile into cohesive solutions
- Confidently train new teammates about your internal clients, what your team’s software does, how it is constructed, tested, operates, and how it fits into the bigger picture
A successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent problem solver implementing testable, maintainable and efficient components based on defined technology strategies and software engineering standards
- Have significant software engineering training, understanding design principles and the foundations of application development
- Demonstrate proven experience working in agile teams, identifying blockers and asking for help and guidance where needed
- Show experience as a strong communicator and influencer, mentoring interns and peers, as well as advising tech leads and managers
- Have a positive, solution-oriented and humble attitude, collaborating with others to improve development and operational processes
- Be open to explore new territories, experiment, fail and learn while actively seeking knowledge and opportunities to apply it
- Have proven experience working with PHP (our use of PHP is limited as we move away from it, but working knowledge of is a prerequisite for the role)
- Commercial experience writing unit, integration and end to end tests
- Experience working with contract driven development (OpenAPI)
- Desirable experience in backend development in node
- Desirable experience working with GraphQL server / frontend
- Degree in Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent experience
The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the country they are applying.
We know that to be truly innovative, we need to have a diverse team around us. That is why Third Bridge is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are not 100% sure if you are right for the role, please apply anyway and we will be happy to consider your application.