Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights drive intelligent investment decisions.
To make the right investment decisions, our clients require access to the most relevant experts and their insights – we enable this through private consultations and exclusive content drawn from expert interviews.
Our clients consist of some of the largest private equity funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are serviced by a team of over 900 employees located across eight global offices.
Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market with double digit annual growth and has consistently received accolades for Great Places to Work and the top 100 fastest growing companies.
We’re looking for an exceptional Software Engineering Manager to deliver innovative solutions to ensure our clients get deep insight and unbiased market intelligence to help them to make informed investment decisions.
Third Bridge is growing fast and there is an increasing demand for creative, agile and high quality work from our engineering group.
We are heavily invested in AWS technology and are heavy users of React, Node, PHP and MySql. We use some Docker containers and Serverless technologies for all new applications and have a large EC2 estate running our older tech stack. Our test automation environment is based on a Java stack. Our planning and delivery processes are agile and loosely based on a blend of Scrum and Kanban.
Right now we're improving the customer experience for our Specialists, scaling our notifications and email systems and we're investing in our infrastructure for improved resilience.
We want to hire Software Engineering Managers to help us build the most fulfilled Software Engineering teams. You will help form and lead talented and creative engineers who build products and systems they are proud of. You will push for exceptionally high quality work and empower our engineers to make a big impact.
You will be a competent manager who wants to stay hands-on but primarily focus on leadership. You’ll work closely with commercial and operational stakeholders. This role would suit someone with previous team leading experience, or a technical leader who wants people management responsibility.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Meet Team delivery objectives with innovative, supportable and compliant solutions
- Hire and develop a great team whilst maintaining a supportive and engaging environment
- Hold a high quality bar on technical design to ensure your systems are operationally excellent
- Deliver project work while managing the expectations of your stakeholders
- Establish a clear target architecture supported by a well managed technology evolution strategy
- Improve our hiring and on-boarding processes
- Define group objectives and key results
- Enhance our overall technical roadmap
- A fast learner who enjoys leading and collaborating with others
- A technology champion who wants to stay somewhat hands-on
- Passionate about building motivated, highly performing team
- Experienced in building applications for the web and the underlying technologies across the stack
- Committed to building reliable, well-tested systems
- Enthusiastic about working in a strong culture of testing and code review
- Previous experience hiring, managing and/or mentoring software development engineers
The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the country they are applying.
We know that to be truly innovative, we need to have a diverse team around us. That is why Third Bridge is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are not 100% sure if you are right for the role, please apply anyway and we will be happy to consider your application.